Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Quick update...

It is about 0200 hrs here in the studio and I am about to hit the sack. Had a short day at the office. Nothing much to speak of musically. Amanda and I ARE working on CC stuff. So look for that to hit your brain with furious psychedelia soon.

I know a lot of you must have watched the always entertaining, and ever medicated Glenn "I want my America to belong to GOD" Beck's speech at the footsteps of the Lincoln Memorial today. Marking the 47th (I believe) anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" Speech. Some thought it was distasteful and staged (what seemed to be) a counter protest, against Mr. Beck's speech. This shows me how how short of a memory we have as a country. How 65% of the populous was screaming for change because of a nakedly evasive administration hell bent on creating a middle east as they see fit. People don't seem to remember that we had an administration of draft dodging frat boys that in the face of war, and in the hours leading up to and around "Operation Shock and Awe" warned the people of Iraq to "not to destroy oil fields." And after obliterating the city of Baghdad and other surrounding areas changed the mission from "Operation Shock and Awe" to Operation Iraqi Liberation. O.I.L.!!! They couldn't have made it any clearer to me, and to anyone else that was truly paying attention.

Imagine a bunch of frat boys coming to your house for 8 years. Don't you think it would take just a little bit of time to clean up their mess? I AM NOT saying Barack Obama is the greatest president that we have ever had. And I am not saying that he will be able to fix all of our problems that we are facing in this country. We still need to honor and take care of our wounded vets returning from combat, we need to educate and make sure that our children our not going to bed at night starving. There are MANY problems that face this great nation of ours. We need to clean up this place and then get it through the heads of many that WE AS A COUNTRY HAVE NO FUCKING INTEREST IN NATION BUILDING! We can no longer stand beside countries that want nothing to do with us. I heard an interesting quote the other day; "Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity." We need to take care of our own before we can start to worry about everyone else.

That is it for now. I will be hitting the studio hard again this weekend trying to close the gap for a October 31 release date.

Thanks for reading.

Jason

No comments: