Monday, August 2, 2010

A post for the masses...

Hello friends. I know it has been a very long time since I have posted ANYTHING at all here and since I have some free time (17 days of free time to be exact) I figured I would do a little of that here and now.

First of all I know some of you that do read this have left comments for me to reach you. Whether it has to do with the case of Jason Getsy, my upcoming musical projects, or maybe you just wrote me off a long time ago and now you just want to catch up (I'm kidding of course) for old times sake. And while I am not really at great liberty to just hand out my phone number on the internet I will gladly provide my personal email address (one that I check everyday) and it is: Jasonrdonnelly@yahoo.com .

I do not really frequent this site all that much considering I have my own website (www.pureblackmisanthropy.com) where you will find more frequent updates, news, etc. And while I really don't update the website all that much (even though I pay 15 dollars a month for it!) you will start to see more updates as the record I am working on becomes more of a tangible public media. You will find demos, complete tracks, and videos on there as well.

Another thing I would like to touch on for just a moment and I will leave you to surf the web at your will. This past July 3 marked the 4th anniversary of our good friend Matt's death. For the past 4 years I have always posted something in the memory of my best friend and band mate Matthew David Glover. If anyone was looking to find anything I had written or said about him and found nothing well your eyes were not deceiving you. Instead of mourning the loss of my friend this year I decided to celebrate his life. Remember the good times we shared, and tried desperately not to focus on the loss of such a great human being. Things have been said about him since his passing. Some good, some bad. And all I can say is that in life it's easy to kick a man when he is down. It's even easier when he is dead. The year previous Matt and I were accused of rape?!?! Well you know who you are. And you know what you said. And you (the friendless) are a fucking coward. And I will leave it at that.

Some say that the pain seems to lessen as the days, months, and years go by. I have not found that to be true. In some ways yes. I don't have the same dreams every night. And I don't water up in the eyes as his name is brought up in conversation all the time anymore either. However when I record a song, when there are good times to be had I catch myself looking to my left (or my right) to see if my right (or left) hand man to see if he is there still laughing with me at something so fucking ridiculous it would take a video camera and an hours worth of stupid footage to explain it all. I am not going to say "Oh he is here with us in spirit" etc... If you feel that way you are entitled to. And if that gets you through the tough times so be it. The unfortunate fact is that all that knew him have to wake up everyday knowing he is no longer a phone call away. I just hope that when he did cross over that he finally found some peace. He was a very tortured soul. But he made life a hell of a lot more interesting, and a HELL of a lot more enjoyable more often then not. Thanks for reading.

Jason

No comments: